Saturday, July 15, 2017

Fish Batik

Nineteen years ago this month, I was in Pennsylvania visiting relatives and visiting as many quilt shops as I could find. I came across some fish batik fabric in a little shop. The owner had ordered it in for herself to make curtains and a quilt for her young son and it wasn't for sale. However, I did manage to get a yard of it (lucky me). It has been a favorite batik. I had enough for a table runner and two place mats.

Today, I found the same fabric here in St. John's at Fiber Lily . It had been posted on face book so I knew I had to get some as soon as we got home.


2 comments:

  1. That had to have been a total surprise to find the same fabric available so many years apart. It's no wonder you wanted to snap some up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love that fabric too. Doesn't it feel good when you spy just the one you want.

    ReplyDelete