Thursday, August 13, 2015

What a Bummer!

I have been so faithful blogging everyday since January 1st that it wasn't until I just posted about my recent fabric purchase that I realized I missed posting yesterday! What a bummer!

Oh, well, stuff happens. Here's a few more photos of inspiration I took a few days ago. I can see some hand stitching using these colours or machine stitching on coloured organza and cutting the flowers out and adding them to a piece of work. I did that for the poppies in the commissioned piece, Back Garden found HERE.

Enjoy!



6 comments:

  1. Seeing your photos makes me miss our gardens. Not enough however to want to move back to a house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love flower gardens. My poor gardens mostly look after themselves these days.

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love cone flowers. I try to buy a new variety every year. Beauty all summer and the bees and birds love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These cone flowers were at a rather large flower shop just outside Windsor, NS.

      Delete
  3. How could they not inspire you........stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jo. I have a few in my garden at home.

    ReplyDelete