Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Touch of Spring!!

A touch of Spring! Saturday and Sunday (May 2nd & 3rd) was the May Day Craft Weekend in down town St. John's. Several businesses were participating. I dropped into the annual May Day Craft Show at Rocket Bakery (in the upstairs room). Lots of nice hand crafted things were for sale. It was a good time to find a unique gift for Mother's Day.

As I walked down the street, I noticed these two buskers. They were enjoying the warmer weather as were the people who stopped by to watch them. I have no idea what they were promoting!! Anyway, it was entertaining and not something often seen on the streets of St. John's..

When I got home, I saw that some of my crocuses were in bloom. It was the first bit of sun we've seen in awhile so they were celebrating too.

As you can see, I take my camera with me all the time as you never know what you might find.

I did a little search for crocuses in quilted art and stitching:
Enjoy!!


This might be an idea for a small embroidery.

1 comment:

  1. Your crocus are beautiful!! They are such happy looking flowers - and we're certainly happy to see them after the long winter.

    ReplyDelete