Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Experimenting

Yesterday, I took out my Inktense water soluble pencils and blocks. Before using them in a project, I needed to see how they react on cotton. Was the colour intense or washed out? Use dry or wet fabric? Use a fabric medium? Some questions to consider.

This time, I was only interested in how the pencils and blocks looked on white cotton. I marked on dry cotton and used a wet paintbrush to spread the colour around. Of course, without a textile medium, the colour ran with the water.

Here's some links to more information using the Inktense Pencils / Blocks:
YouTube has lots of tutorials using these pencils.

Now I have to do some more reading and experimenting!

I've also linked up with The Needle & Thread Network.

Before adding water

Using a fabric brush with water

Inktense Blocks

Inktense Pencils

Inktense Pencils

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me about these - there are some lurking in a drawer somewhere that need using. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seen these so enjoyed seeing the results of your experiments. I have a set of water soluble pencils in my stash but rarely remember to use them!

    ReplyDelete