Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day 1, Art Challenge on FaceBook


I was asked to participate in the 5 day Art Challenge on Face Book. So for those of you who aren't on Face Book, here's what I posted yesterday:

My friend, Rhonda, has challenged me to participate in the Art Challenge on Facebook. I'll start day 1 with 3 early pieces.

Voyage of Discovery was designed and created to celebrate the 500 years of John Cabot's discovery of Newfoundland. I made two of these. One is hanging in Bristol, England and was delivered on the day The Matthew set sail for NL. The 2nd one hangs in my dining room.

Cod Fish (3-D fish) wall hanging was made for an exhibit and is in a private collection.

Field of Daisies has 115 tiny hand embroidered daisies, done in a hoop, stiffened and then added, one at a time, to the landscape (private collection). This piece was inspired from a workshop I took with Valerie Hearder early 2000 when Val lived here in NL. Thanks, Val!



2 comments: