Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Wild Blooms & Colorful Creatures

Wild Blooms & Colorful Creatures, by Wendy Williams, has also found its way into my collection.
I think I was attracted to the vibrant colours on the cover. When I was teaching, I would tell the students that you can't tell a book by its cover. That is so true in most cases. However, for the applique enthusiasts, this is a nice book to have. The book is filled with fancy flowers and cute animals which are used in the various projects.

Read about new ways to mix wool, cotton, and linen to give a fresh new look to your applique. Continue to have fun by embellishing with both hand and machine quilting as well as hand embroidery. Add a few beads and bobbles for extra embellishment. In fact, use the designs to create your own piece of art. To me, the book is another source of inspiration.

NEW Wild Blooms & Colorful Creatures

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting, thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am currently reading my 'Quilt With a View' book. Today might be the day that I finally get around to actually making something with my gorgeous fabrics... you know the ones I mean.... the 'too darn pretty to cut' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this book. I've already made a few things from it and intend to make more.

    ReplyDelete