Sunday, June 9, 2013

Woodlands for the Landscape Quilter

Last week, the Cabot Quilt Guild had a two day 'Woodlands for the Landscape Quilter' workshop with Nancy Bergman. This is a new class for Nancy. Twenty students were challenged to create their own woodland scene by playing with scraps of fabric and exploring the tricks of creating an illusion of visual depth resulting in a small art quilt. The background fabrics were provided as well as a selection of other fabrics to create tree trunks, ground cover and shrubs. As you will see in the samples below, each one was different. It was interesting to see the background fabrics quilters selected.





 


Nancy Bergman

6 comments:

  1. Wow!! All are beautiful and well done!! Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning!!! I just love these landscapes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow indeed! Each one is lovely. I could use some help with my perspective in landscapes, so I too wish I'd been there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love the way these turned out. I've not tried a landscape quilt but these are truly inspiring. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, those backgrounds definately contribute to the 'feel' of each quilt, particularly giving a time of day to the landscape or a time and season...

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely. Thank you for showing us. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete