Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Hancock's Fabrics

Yesterday we took a short trip to Crystal Lake for lunch. It's about a 30 minute drive from the KOA where we have our motor home parked. As we were driving along looking at the sights (after our lunch), I happened to notice a sign saying 'Fabrics'! Hancock's Fabrics was the place. I haven't been to one of their stores in several years. Check out their free project's page. Forty five minutes later. . . yes, it was a profitable trip to say the least.

I hit a 50% off on most of the stuff I purchased. Have a look at some of the fabrics I got. As you can see, most of the fabrics were batiks as I use them when making my 3-D fish. This time, I was looking for some unusual patterns that I can't get home. However, the first fabric is a Christmas piece that caught my eye. I have no idea what I'll do with it - yet!

The last photo is of lime green organza, black tulle with sparkles all over and a multi coloured piece of netting. I already have a very small piece of this netting that I bought in Newfoundland over ten years ago. I use bits and pieces of it when making some of my 'fantasy fabrics'. Needless to say, I have been using it sparingly. Now I have a whole new length to use. The black tulle will be used as an overlay for surface design on fabric and the lime green organza will find its way as foliage in some piece of wall art.

I'm looking forward to my next fabric store - wherever that will be.







1 comment:

  1. Mmmm! I especially love the lime green batik and the multi coloured netting. What a great find.

    ReplyDelete