Monday, September 20, 2010

Circles and Curves

Our small part of the world is waiting (not happily) for hurricane Igor to land on its shores. Igor is forecast to have heavy winds and 110mm of rain overnight and tomorrow. It's pouring out as I write. Let's hope the power stays on as I'm watching some of the shows from The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. Several months ago they had a special for 6 months of viewing and I subscribed to it. I must say, I've enjoyed watching the various shows, some more to my style of work than others, but interesting all the same.

Tonight I watched episode 704 - Cricles, Curves, and Chocolate with Dale Fleming. She demonstrated how to do stitched curves her way as well as making the Six-Minute Circle. HGTV has a tutorial on making this six minute circle. It has possibilities for doing lots of different shapes. Dale's book, Pieced Curves So Simple, is in my bookshelf! It's a great book with lots of easy to follow photos.
 

YouTube has lots of video demos on sewing curves.
How to Quilt, a Beginner's Guide to Quilting shows you how to sew curves in your quilting.
How to Make the Perfect Drunkard's Path Block
Sewing Curves with Jinny Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment