Saturday, June 26, 2010

Quiltology



I visited Quiltology - the urban quilt space this morning. This shop is located at 2625 Halsted Street, Chicago.  This isn't your typical quilt shop with thousands of bolts of fabrics from all over creation. They do stock 1000 + bolts of designer cotton fabrics from some of their favorite designers as well as patterns, books and kits. They are much more than a typical quilt shop - to quote their web site - they are a design studio, workshop space and speciality fabric shop committed to inspiring quilters, educating new sewers and fostering creative community. I spent some time just looking at the various fabrics before making a selection to purchase. It was a difficult choice. However, if I need to get more I can always do an on-line order. Here's three (among many) fat quarters that I did get. I love the vibrant colours of Kaffe Fassett. I'm thinking I just might make some interesting journal covers with them.
It was a very hot day (93F at 3 pm) for walking and I did a lot of it. I was very glad to get back to my daughter's house. Tomorrow will be a quiet day to give my feet a rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment