Friday, May 7, 2010

Breath of Fresh Air

I was just checking the traffic on the cluster map in my blog and found a link to stuff about Newfoundland and Labrador. Been a bit curious, I clicked my way through most of it. The various links gives the viewer a small bit of information that makes this 10th province of Canada so unique! If you do nothing else, click here. Make sure you listen to the Fresh Air Audio Clip. We do have very fresh air!
Visit the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador's web site for more interesting 'stuff' (my word for the day)! 
Here's one of my earlier textile landscapes. This represents a small portion of a Newfoundland coastline (my rendition). The sky is hand dyed as is the water (separate pieces stitched together). The cliff and some of the rocks were printed on cotton from my computer (I used Bubble jet Set 2000 to treat the fabric). The bushes were free-motion machine stitched onto organza (check previous post) and the daisies were hand embroidered and added to the foreground to give a 3-D look. All of my landscapes are framed under glass. Check out more of my 'stuff ' here or on my website

No comments:

Post a Comment