Thursday, October 8, 2009

Cheongju International Craft Biennale


The Cheongju International Craft Biennale, Korea, is one of the largest and most prestigious craft exhibitions in the world. This year, Canada has been selected as the guest country. In all, fourteen Newfoundland and Labrador craft makers have their work represented at the Biennale, either in the Exhibition, for sale in the Marketplace, or both. The Biennale is open from September 23 until November 1, 2009. This project is managed by the Canadian Crafts Federation and provincial craft councils across Canada, including the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador .

I was contacted by the craft council late last year and asked if I would like to have some of my work for sale in the Marketplace. I was thrilled to be asked! But what a lot of work! I did get my 'stuff' ready in time. Some of the things requested were: fibre lace scarves, evening purses, wearable art pins and shimmers. I've included a picture of one of my maple leaf art pins. For all my pins, I create the base fabric so that even though the shapes may be the same, no two pins are alike, each is one-of-a-kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment